If you’re still not using Firefox, now’s a great time to start. Yesterday was the official release of Firefox 3, and it’s better than ever. I downloaded it yesterday as part of Firefox Download Day — an attempt to set a Guinness World Record for the most downloads in a single day — and started using it. I must say it’s pretty awesome so far.
Some nice improvements I’ve noticed:
- Faster load time
- Faster browsing (Gmail is incredibly fast)
- Improved user interface (new icons, polished look)
- Sliding tabs as you open & close
- Auto-URL completion with favicons (those little browser icons you see when you bookmark)
- More stable
- Google Desktop searches actually open my default browser (Firefox) now instead of IE7 (woohoo!)
Review the top new features.
I’ve downloaded Firefox 3 on two machines now and have helped contribute to the record-breaking attempt. As of now, Firefox 3 has already been downloaded 6,424,790 times since early yesterday afternoon — blowing away the 5 million goal that was set by Mozilla.
Download your FF3 today and be part of this world record (download by 2:16 p.m. EDT to be part of the record attempt)![ Subscribe to gabeanderson.com via email or RSS feed. ]